With the exams about to start I have enclosed a very easy recipe that will provide plenty of energy in a small bite sized portion. Handy when your studying & don’t want to have to leave your desk or don’t feel like a big meal. They provide plenty of good nutrition in a small bite.
These will keep well in the fridge (if there not all gone)! for 3-4 days.
Best of luck to everyone starting there exams tomorrow.
200 g dates.
100g dark chocolate.
100 g mixed nuts.
1 dessertspoon of cocoa powder.
1 tsp honey. (I used Sarah’s Mileeven honey with cinnamon).
Pinch sea salt.
1 level dessertspoon of maca powder, (optional but is good for energy, easily found in all supermarkets now).
1 tsp vanilla.
1. Cover the dates in water & leave to soak for 30 mins.
2. In a blender (nutribullet type), blend the dates until smooth.
3. Remove to a bowl.
4. Blend the nuts until almost powder like.
5. Melt the chocolate.
6. Mix everything into the bowl and stir well to combine.
7. Leave to set in the fridge for 5-10 mins.
8. In a small bowl, mix chia seeds & desiccated coconut together.
9. Taking approx. ½ dessertspoon of the mixture roll into a ball, toss it in the coconut/chia mix until covered.
10. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.